It is very important to not take band safety lightly. Best practices will not only ensure to keep your bands healthy for a long time, but most importantly keep yourself health!
Best Practice Tips:
- Inspect bands for cuts, nicks, scratches, cracks, punctures, discoloration
- Never release/let go when under tension
- Always begin movement slowly, especially first rep to ensure band quality/health
- Do not over stretch a band. Anything over 2.5 times its length is stretching it too far.
- Keep away from kids! Bands are not toys
- Do not Loop band or anchor around rough, sharp edges.
- Clean bands by wiping with a damp cloth
- Do not use soap or any cleaning products to clean bands as these can deteriorate the strength of the band.
- Keep bands away from direct sunlight
- Keep bands away from heat
- Bands should not be stored outside or in cold environments